Monday, December 31, 2012

Tuning out the world and tuning into God..

I looked outside and saw frost on the ground and almost returned to my comfortable, warm bed. “ No Michelle, you promised that you would run today no matter what” I said to myself. I dressed warmly and laced up my running shoes. I strapped on my new ipod and headed out the door. The cold instantly enveloped me and and I thought about turning back. Instead I turned my fast paced music up loud. I had just purchased the music and it helped me speed up. This was my first time running any distance in about 2 months. As always after my Marathon in October I was pretty burned out and took a break from running. My body began to warm up as the minutes passed. My body knew exactly what to do as if I had never taken a break at all. The miles passed and I felt a still small voice whisper in my ear “ Turn it off Michelle, turn it off so you can hear me” I knew God was telling me to turn the music off and focus on Him. As I silenced the music my mind instantly turned to prayer “ God thank you so much for 2012 and all you have taught me, thank you that through the heartaches you have helped me to become the person you want me to be, you have made me stronger and ready to face even harder obstacles.” I continued to pray over the past year and then turned to focus on the future “ Thank you for 2013, I dedicate it all to you, my husband, my kids, my business, my friends, my finances, my heath,,all of it is yours. I pray for larger miracles than I have ever seen so that others will see you and you will be glorified. I do not know what the year will hold but I do know that I will hold your hand every step of the way and you promise that you have plans to prosper me and not to harm me”. The prayer continued as I found my way back to my house and had ran 5 miles. I learned another powerful lesson today- we need to find our place where we can turn off the distractions and focus on God alone, for me that is running, for others it may be in a closet, playing golf, walking the dog or any other place where you can be alone with God, I challenge you as you start your new year to find your place where you can tune out the world and tune into God. Happy New Year!!!! Here is to a great 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment