Friday, October 12, 2012

Why I Run

I get lost in my thoughts with every footstep pounding on the pavement I forget my present reality and get lost in my dreams and visions of the future. I reach for goals that once seemed unattainable. I push myself to the limits, to go father, run faster and be better than I was the time before. I feel my heart beating in my chest as salty tears and sweat mix together and stream down my face in unison. I press on..my body screams stop by my mind screams go, press on…be stronger..don’t quit…reach deeper…Prayers are lifted up..questions asked, waiting on answers to why...but being content with the here…the now..the plan, the Maker and the steps He has placed in front of me...“Trust me” is whispered in a still small voice but with the power of the loudest thunder, “I have never let you go”I gasp for air as my cries grow stronger..my heart is filled with the peace that passes all understanding…Suddenly my energy increases as I continue on my journey, my race, my marathon,
my life as me, my journey to be the best me that I was created to be…As my pounding feet come to a halt I feel an overwhelming sense of accomplishment.. I did what I set out to do and though the journey was hard, almost impossible at times..my hand was held by the one who has never left my side..and I know that I truly can do all things through Christ who strengthens me…

No comments:

Post a Comment