Thursday, August 16, 2012

Even Superwoman needs a friend...

Running, heart pounding, toes bleeding, mind screaming stop! I can't do this I say to my ever faithful running partner. Who looks at me and says " smile and fake it till you make it"" "you can go ahead" I replied. "no" she says with determination. Mile 13.5 and my mind had told me I had nothing left to give, that my body needed to slow down, to walk to give my aching body a break.  But instead I was pushed to press on, stay the course and just keep going. I began repeating those words over and over to myself" just keep going, just keep going" and step by agonizing step I finished and completed our 14 mile run.  I was reminded though this experience how much we really need each other. How we need someone to say ,I know you can do this" someone who will stick by your side even when it does not benefit them at all. I often attempt to be super woman, to do it all, to be all things to all people. To be independent and take on the world. I try to prove to myself that I am strong, And i can accomplish any task set before me and I can succeed. But superwoman gets tired, has a meltdown and needs someone to say" we are doing this together you can do it" someone to say " i am not leaving your side, we will complete this task together. " I encourage you today to find someone who will be your "running partner" in life and to be that person to someone else , because even superwoman needs a friend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment