Thursday, July 26, 2012

Blessings on a Hill..

I began my run with excitement and anticipation. I saw the hill before me and with each strike of the ground and upward movement I felt stronger. As I paced up the hill I saw what I had always thought was the top, the resting spot, the place to enjoy the view and head back down, but today something was different, today something told me, this is not the top..there is more. I peered up and saw another almost hidden path..steadily I climbed it and my view got better and better. I realized that I was surrounded by beautiful rolling hills in every direction, a stunning blue stream below and the unmistakable beauty of God’s creation. The presence God engulfed me so strongly that it brought me to tears . I cried out to God and asked Him “Please help me to let go of the things that have been bringing me pain. Help me to trust you completely” The music from my ipod sang "the voice of truth tells me a different story, the voice of truth says this is for my Glory" I spread my arms and let go of the pain, let go of the fear and gave God my trust that everything that has happened and will happen is really from Him and for His glory. In that precious moment I felt that God was revealing something to me..... for years I had never gone past that point on the hill and had in turn missed out on the beauty i saw today,, I felt like God said to me " for years you have thought that this blessing that I have given you so far is it but if you trust me I will bless you more and give you more blessings than you have ever imagined, dreamed or thought possible in this life, if you just trust me to take you farther than is comfortable for you, farther than your human eyes can see, farther than you have ever been before. To much is given much is required. You are to lead as you have never lead before, dream as you have never dreamed before and love deeper than you have ever ever loved before.” My first reaction set in “ But what about the pain I have endured from loving so deeply?” Don't worry about it “ He replied I will give you the strength and courage to love each person that I so purposely place in your path. They are mine and but a gift to you to treasure, love, empower and care for as long as I choose for them to be in your life. When one leaves your life is not a punishment, but simply part of my greater plan that you cannot even come close to comprehending. Salty tears spilled down my face as I closed my eyes raised my arms and and fully gave my mind, body. soul ,and future to the one who has given me everything. Yawah God is with us..now I sit listening to the rushing river and feel complete peace. The peace that passes all understanding, the peace that covers me, covers Bethany and all that is facing us all at this very moment..God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment